A great place to work – not every school is the same, and we believe that we are quite different from many.
We are a great school to work in for a number of reasons:
1) A Living Wage Employer: all our staff are paid at least the living wage. We are committed to honouring all national pay rises for teachers and our support staff conditions equal to those of Birmingham City Council employees in other schools.
2) A cooperative school: we value to views of our staff and important decisions in the school are made together. For example in 2017-18, staff have discussed curriculum changes, new rewards and sanctions and other key changes. Policies such as our marking policy are written by staff.
3) Working to manage workload: far too many great teachers are driven from the profession by an unsustainable workload. We work with staff to reduce workload where possible and always consider the workload implications of any changes we make.
4) Fantastic CPD: we believe that good staff become great through top-notch CPD. Teacher Training Days should not be long hours of listening to senior managers, but collaborative and exciting opportunities to work together. Every staff meeting is led by our Teaching and Learning Group of staff focused on sharing best practice. Our CPD events (such as our January Teacher Conference) ensures we gather best practice from across the city and beyond.
5) A family: our staff are committed to the children we serve and their families. Many staff choose to devote their entire career to this school. This is because we look after each other and work together.
6) Union-friendly: we recognise the important role that unions and professional associations play in promoting the welfare of staff, which is a shared priority.
These points mean that, despite a national teacher shortage, Northfield School for Girls is fully staffed with fully trained teachers.
Teacher of Mathematics
Start date: September 2021
The Governing Board is seeking to appoint well qualified and inspiring Maths specialist to teach KS3 and GCSE Mathematics at this very exciting time in our school history.
King Edward VI Northfield School for Girls (previously Turves Green Girls’ School) is the latest member of renowned King Edward VI Academy Trust (February 2021). We are a non-selective, comprehensive school with high aspirations and high ambitions for all our students.
Mathematics is taught by a strong and dedicated team and has on a trend of improving results (Mathematics results for 2020 were 81% Grade 4+ and 64% above a Grade 5).
If you believe that:
- you are an excellent classroom practitioner,
- you are committed to raising levels of attainment, progress and standards,
- social disadvantage is no barrier to achievement and that every student deserves a first-class education,
- you are ready to engage with our impressive culture of professional development,
- you possess integrity, good humour and moral purpose,
We welcome pre-visits and if you would like to arrange to meet us or for additional information, please contact Miss Sharon Killeen (Headteacher’s P.A) – Tel 0121 5130181 (email@example.com)
The strengths of the school include:
- A superb new state of the art school building
- Excellent pastoral care and support
- Motivated and well-behaved pupils
- Supportive and committed staff who work as a team
- Access to superb professional development both within the school and across the Academy Trust
- An ethos which values and develops all staff
- Good and improving examination results
- A strong sporting tradition, reflected in our two hours of core PE for KS4 students per week.
- The school is located in South Birmingham with excellent transport links by both road and rail.
As a school we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of its pupils and the successful candidate will need to undertake an Enhanced Criminal Record check.
Closing Date – Friday 21st May 2021 at 3pm