The Governing Board of our cooperative school regularly seeks the views of parents, pupils, staff and the wider community in order to plan their vision for what they wish to achieve over the course of the next five years.
This vision and these aims will inform school development planning and enable the Governing Board to review progress toward these aims.
Northfield School for Girls will be the first-choice school for girls and their families across South West Birmingham. Our young people will have high aspirations for their futures and will have the confidence and resilience to achieve those aspirations.
They will leave our school as responsible and caring individuals able to make a worthwhile contribution to the wider society. Our teaching, already a huge strength, will continue to develop as our school becomes a recognised centre for excellent pedagogy.
We believe this vision can only be secured through a wide curriculum where every young person has opportunities to excel and a building and infrastructure fit for the 21st Century. We require a culture where pupil welfare remains paramount and partnership with business and excellent careers advice ensures that our young people are prepared to take advantage of the changing world of work. We passionately believe that we can only achieve the vision outlined if all of our young people have access to the opportunities education provides and therefore, we will not tolerate a gap in attainment between disadvantaged young people and those from more advantaged backgrounds.
- To continue to develop excellent teaching
- To make improvements to the school buildings and environment
- To provide the broadest possible curriculum, which meets the needs of all pupils
- To provide excellent careers advice and opportunities for all pupils
- To raise attainment of all pupils whilst consistently closing the gaps between disadvantaged pupils and others
- To build resilience, physical and mental health of our pupils and staff
- To ensure the provision of healthy, affordable food
- To equip pupils to be thinking, caring and active members of the school and wider communities.
Strategies to be Explored and Objectives
A number of strategies have been explored and put in place with a view to achieving these aims. Five-year targets have also been set, so that the Governing Board can monitor progress towards the achievement of these objectives.
The Governing Board will continue to seek your views and input when creating and developing their vision for the school, and thank you for your input.
If you would like additional, more detailed information, or if you have any views which you would like to be considered when the Governing Board are putting together future plans for the school, please e-mail: – email@example.com
Chair of the Board of Governors