Our vision is to provide for our young people the very best teaching and a supportive environment where their talents are nurtured and challenges overcome. We work to put our school at the heart of the community. By working together with families, other schools, voluntary organisations, business colleges and universities we pool our efforts, ideas and enthusiasm to support our young people and their families in ways that would not be possible on our own.
Our pupils deserve the very best education and we will strive to deliver it. Our staff are their champions and we empower our pupils to believe in their own strength, ability and resilience. We will take every opportunity to broaden opportunities and raise aspirations for all the pupils in our school.
- To enable our pupils to be strong and independent – able to form healthy and respectful relationships, able to safeguard themselves and each other from exploitation and violent extremism and able to stand up for the democratic values of our diverse society.
- To secure the highest possible academic standards and levels of challenge for our pupils and to prepare our pupils for the constantly changing challenges of life and work after school.
- To provide a curriculum which is broad, balanced and relevant to each pupil, providing a breadth of experiences and allowing pupils to discover their passions.
- To create a happy and positive learning environment, fostering mutual respect, consideration for others and personal responsibility.
- To be committed to developing positive relationships with parents, promoting education as a partnership between home and school.
- To provide a school-based experience for all our pupils which promotes equality of opportunity and seeks to overcome barriers to their achievement.
- To prepare our pupils for life after school so they are able to access the best opportunities in further education and the world of work. We achieve this by working closely with colleges and employers in addition to providing excellent independent careers advice.
- To encourage our pupils to be creative, resilient and independent learners.
- To provide a safe and caring environment in which all pupils can make a positive contribution to their learning, school and community.
- To provide the best possible environment and inspirational teaching by using current technology and new approaches in the classroom.
- To gain every possible advantage for our pupils and staff through partnership with the family of King Edward VI schools, and to play our part in making Birmingham the best place to be educated in the UK.
- Every child and every member of staff at King Edward VI Northfield School for Girls matters. We recognise that staff are best able to support children when their workload is realistic and they are happy in their role.
- We continually strive to promote and nurture the health and well-being of our pupils and our staff.
- We actively promote the sharing of good practice both within the school, the family of King Edward VI schools and through cooperation with local schools to provide the very best opportunities for our pupils.
- We actively promote the school as a community which aspires to gain experience beyond our geographical horizons.
- We strive to combat gender stereotyping, along with all forms of discrimination, and aim for our pupils to be fully prepared to take active roles in their future.